Dr. Mruthunjaya (Jay) Uddi
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Adjunct Faculty, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Areas of Research
- Plasma Engineering
- Optical Diagnostics
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 2008
Dr. Mruthunjaya “Jay” Uddi’s study subjects include plasma combustion kinetics, laser diagnostics, plasma-catalysis, plasma-surface interaction, chemical looping and Ion Transport Membrane combustion technologies for Carbon Capture Utilization, or CCU, and advanced power plant applications. Uddi’s lab research currently focuses on “Oxy-combustion” and CCU technologies, which include Chemical Looping Combustion, Ion Transport Membrane Combustion, and oxy-combustion physics using laser diagnostics.
Publications and Patents:
- V. Ranganathan*, B. Jony, S.M. Fondriest, Z. Liu, R. Wang, M. Uddi, Plasma-catalysis chemical looping CH4 reforming with water splitting using ceria supported Ni based La-perovskite nano-catalyst, Journal of CO2 Utilization, 32 (2019) 11-20.
- Tobias*, D. Depperschmidt, C. Welch, R. Miller, M. Uddi, and A. K. Agrawal, Scott Lowe, “OH* Chemiluminescence Imaging of the Combustion Products From a Methane-Fueled Rotating Detonation Engine”, ASME. J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power. 2018;141(2):021021-021021-11. doi:10.1115/1.4041143.
- Zhao, M. Uddi, N. Tsvetkov, Y Yildiz, A F Ghoniem, “Redox kinetics and Non-stoichiometry of Ce0.5Zr0.5O2-δ for water splitting and hydrogen production”, J.Phys.Chem.C, 2017, 121, 11055−11068.
- X-Y Wu, A F. Ghoniem, M Uddi, “Enhancing co-production of H2 and syngas via water splitting and POM on surface-modified oxygen permeable membranes”, AIChE Journal, 2016, Vol. 62, No. 12, pp 4427-4435.
- Uddi, R. V. Ranganathan*, S. M. Fondriest, “Method of chemical looping reforming at low temperatures with hydrogen from water splitting”, filed Feb 8th, 2019, U.S. Patent Application No. 62/802,757