Dr. Takao Suzuki
- Director of Center for Materials for Information Technology
Areas of Research
- Magnetism and magnetic based devices
- Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
- M.S., Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
- B.S., Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Dr. Suzuki was named director of UA’s Center for Materials for Information Technology in 2010. His current research interest includes magnetism and magnetic materials, and also materials for energy storage and sensors. He has been focusing especially on magnetic anisotropy of various ordered alloy thin films and composite nano- particles, in conjunction with high density perpendicular magnetic recording media applications and energy-stored devices. His recent research filed is being extended to the evolving areas related to energy-sensors as well.