Dr. Feng Yan
- Assistant Professor
Areas of Research
- Thin Film Solar Cells
- Thin Film Ferroelectrics
- Thim Film Multiferroics
- Metallic Thin Films
- Ph.D., Materials Science, National University of Singapore, 2012
- M.S., Materials Science, Zhejiang University, 2007
Dr. Feng Yan’s research interests focus on fabrication and characterization of novel materials applied on electronic and photonic devices for renewable and sustainable energy conversion and storage. He has extensive experiences in new materials design, thin film solar cells, and nanoscale characterization of ferroelectric/multiferroics.
- Thin Film Solar Cells, CdTe, Sb2Se3, Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Photoelectrochemical Solar Cells for water splitting.
- Ferroelectrics and Multiferroics for quantum computing.
- Metallic Thin Films, e.g., Metallic glass thin film, High Entropy Alloys Thin Films.
- Group page at UA: http://fyan.people.ua.edu/
Publications and Patents:
- Guo†, B. Zhang, S. Ranjit, J. Wall, S. Saurav, A. J. Hauser, G. Xing, L. Li, X. Qian, Feng Yan*, Interfacial Engineering via Sputtered Oxygenated CdS:O Window Layer for Highly Efficient Sb2Se3 Thin Film Solar Cells with Efficiency above 7%, Solar RRL, 1900225, 2019
- Guo†, C. Grice, B. Zhang, S. Xing, L. Li, X. Qian, Feng Yan*, Improved Stability and Efficiency of CdSe/Sb2Se3 Thin Film Solar Cells, Solar Energy, 188, 586, 2019.
- Guo†, B. Zhang ,S, Li, Q. Zhang, M. Buettner, L. Li, X, Qian, Feng Yan*, Scalable and Efficient Sb2S3 Thin Film Solar Cells Fabricated by Close Space Sublimation, APL Materials, 7, 041105, 2019
- Montgomery†, L. Guo†, G. Grice, R. Awni, S. Saurav, L. Lin, Y. Yan, Feng Yan*, Solution Processed Copper (I) Thiocyanate (CuSCN) for Highly Efficient CdSe/CdTe Thin Film Solar Cells, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, 1-8. 2019
- Guo†, B. Zhang, Y. Qin, D. Li, L. Li, X. Qian, Feng Yan*. “Tunable Quasi-One-Dimensional Ribbon Enhanced Light Absorption in Sb2Se3 Thin-film Solar Cells Grown by Close-Space Sublimation”. Solar RRL, 1800128 (2018)
Honors and Awards:
- 2018 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2020